With Gameweek 27 on the horizon, here is our take on who we think will bag you some premier league fantasy points this weekend:
- Ali AL-HABSI [SWA(H), 4.5m] – Wigan have put in some impressive performances of late to give the Latics fans some hope, conceding only 2 goals in the last 3 games. Swansea are up next and given their poor away form, Al-Habsi has a reasonable chance of keeping consecutive clean sheets after shutting out Villa last weekend.
- Vincent KOMPANY [BOL(H), 6.7m] – City captain Kompany is the most secure option in Man City’s backline which explains why he is also the most expensive City defender. After keeping 3 clean sheets in their last 3, City look likely to collect a 4th with Bolton currently struggling to address their goalscoring issues.
- Jonas OLSSON [CHE(H), 4.5m] – West Brom have really pushed on after beating local rivals Wolves and Olsson has shown his attacking prowess with 2 assists and a goal in last 3 matches. Despite facing Chelsea next, West Brom will hold no fear going into this battle.
- Ryan TAYLOR [SUN(H), 5.3m] – With Ryan Taylor currently occupying a role on the right of midfield, there is the potential for clean sheet points as well as attacking returns. With 3 assists in his last 5 games and Sunderland failing to score last weekend, Taylor could be in for a productive gameweek.
- James MORRISON [CHE(H), 5.3m] – Morrison may have slipped underneath the radar for many but he definitely deserves our fantasy football attention. In his last 5 matches, Morrison has racked up 4 assists and 2 goals, giving his owners the very tidy return of 34 premier league fantasy points!
- David SILVA [BOL(H), 10.5m] – With Bolton up next, it’s no surprise that Silva is in our fantasy premier league select XI. He is having an amazing season and is central to City’s attacking play. If there are goals to be had, Silva will be a part of them one way or another.
- Clint DEMPSEY [WOL(H), 9.1m] – Scoring the winner for USA over Italy will have given Dempsey a great amount of confidence and with Wolves visiting Craven Cottage, he will look to build on this. Wolves will have taken great courage from the manner of their comeback against Newcastle but they have failed to keep a clean sheet since Gameweek 3!
- Luis NANI [TOT(A), 9.7m] – Spurs have several injury doubts including King and Bale, and with Parker suspended, United could seriously test Friedel this weekend. Losing to Arsenal will have dented Spurs’ confidence, whilst Nani picked up an assist and a bonus point in his comeback against Norwich.
- YAKUBU [VIL(H), 5.8m] – Currently one of the top fantasy premier league strikers, Yakubu will hold no fear when Villa visit Ewood Park this weekend. In his last home fixture, the Yak grabbed a goal and was unlucky not to have secured a brace with a delightful chip that hit the woodwork. Villa are currently out of sorts and with Keane and Bent out of this match, they could face a difficult afternoon.
- Sergio AGUERO(C) [BOL(H), 11.3m] – Aguero is our premier league fantasy captain for gameweek 27, given his current form. On Wednesday, he contributed to Argentina’s win over Switzerland with two assists and with 5 goals in his last 5 home matches, Bolton could be in for a tough Saturday afternoon.
- Demba BA [SUN(H), 8.1m] – With Sunderland conceding 4 against West Brom last time out, Demba Ba will be eager to get his name on the scoresheet in this local derby. At times this season he has seemed unstoppable and with Cisse alongside him, Mignolet will have his work cut out.
If you have any opinions on the Fantasy Football Addict Select XI, feel free to use the comment boxes below or tweet us at @FFAddicted. Do you feel that we missed someone out or disagree with any of our selections? Let us know.